Private Introductory Sewing
This introductory sewing class is an excellent start for beginner sewer or frequent dabblers looking to increase sewing skills or those building a portfolio for acceptance into a fashion design program.
2 hour private session for 8 weeks
In this private class setting you’ll take part in a hands-on demonstration, developing your sewing skills and learning techniques specific to your class project.
- Sewing terminology
- Personal measuring and fitting
- How to read your sewing pattern
- Warp and weft pattern placement for woven fabrics
- Marking and cutting skills
- Sew with straight stitch, zig zag and over lock machines
- Learn a variety of seam finishes
- Couture darts and zipper installation
- All about interfacing (fusing)
- Proper pressing and use of a variety of pressing tools
$650.00 “Please contact studio to register prior to payment”
“Contact the studio to pre book your private session”